One thing we’ve learnt since the she wear story began, and that is … fitting feet is not an exact science! We are all different shapes & sizes and that includes our feet!! Narrow feet, thicker ankles, high arches, wide toes .. all things affecting the fit of footwear! We have put together this guide (in conjunction with over 5 years of data & feedback from our customers) to help you make a selection but please note, we cannot guarantee sizing and for that reason, we are more than happy to exchange if your ordered size is not right for you (non sale products only).
• purchase with confidence : we only receive 4% returns (on average) •
Due to our sizing being as “spot on” as possible and this comprehensive guide (based on over 5 years of customer feedback and data), we only receive on average 4% returns (industry average is 25-30%), so please take the time to read through .. it really will help! Make yourself familiar with our warranty/returns page (on sale items have different return rules). We are happy to assist so if you are unsure, contact us and we’ll give you our opinion! 😊
sizing & fitting notes for our women’s
leather safety and fashion ranges
- PU/rubber sole
- PU/TPU sole
- Original welted rubber sole lace up boot range
- Updated welted rubber sole lace up boot range
- Welted rubber sole pull on boot range
- Rubber gum boots/wellies
- Kid’s leather boots
- Workwear sizing information
zip lace up boot range (“she achieves”) and hiker style lace up (“she does”)
- Our PU/rubber sole ranges are based on a standard sized woman’s fitting and these 2 styles are true to size.
- Choose your every day shoe size (if your usual shoe size eg. is a AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size boot). If you are a half size, we recommend to choose the size larger.
- These styles suit all foot types (inc narrow and wider feet) however due to the design of the “she does” upper, we find ladies with wider feet love this style.
- These 2 styles have been specifically designed for women on their feet all day so perfect for a range of roles and activities, and are extremely lightweight (some of the lightest on the market).
pull on boot (“she strives” & “she inspires”) and sneaker (“she moves”)
- Our PU/TPU sole ranges are based on a standard sized woman’s fitting but please note, these 3 styles are slightly smaller fittings than the above as they have been designed to wear with thinner socks.
- If your usual shoe size for example is a AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size. If you are a half size or have a wide foot, we recommend to choose the size larger. If you are between sizes (eg. sometimes a AU7/EU38 and sometimes a AU8/EU39), choose the size larger.
- In our experience, very narrow feet and/or ankles are not suited to elastic sided pull on boots.We’d suggest either our lace up or zip lace up boots.
welted rubber sole lace up boot range
(“she can” ~ original)
- Our original “she can” range of safety work boots are a larger than average fitting and are designed to wear with thick socks.They are approx a 1/2 size bigger fitting than a standard woman’s shoe size.
- If your usual shoe size is for example AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size boot. If you are a half size, we recommend to choose the size smaller. If you are on the cusp of 2 sizes, take the smaller size.
- This style is the largest fitting in our she wear footwear range .. all other styles are truer to a standard every day shoe size. (No refunds and no exchanges on “she can” sale.)
welted rubber sole lace up boot range
(“she can” ~ water resistant upper and “she works”)
- Our updated “she can” (water resistant upper) and “she works” (water resistant upper) boots are a standard woman’s shoe size.
- If your usual shoe size is for example AU7/EU38 then generally you will require the same size boot (if you are a half size or wear thick socks, go up a size).
- Not recommended for wider feet.
- Please note our new updated design is a smaller fitting than our original “she can” range. (No refunds and no exchanges on the “she can” sale.)
welted rubber sole pull on boot range
(“she will” and “she leads”)
- This range is based on a standard sized woman’s fitting and are designed to wear with thinner socks (like our sports compression socks).
- If your usual shoe size for example is a AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size boot. If you are a half size, we recommend to choose the size larger.
- Pull on boots can be more difficult to fit than lace ups, as there is no way to manipulate the fit. In our experience, very narrow feet and/or ankles are not suited to elastic sided pull on boots (we’d suggest either our lace up boots or our zip lace up “she achieves” boot if you prefer an easy on/off option). (No refunds and no exchanges on the “she will” sale.)
sizing & fitting notes for our “she reigns” rubber gum boot range
All our gum boot styles have slightly different fits. Comprehensive sizing information is included on each individual product page. We suggest to measure your foot as per the instructions rather than referring to your usual shoe size.
sizing & fitting notes for our kid’s leather boots
junior by she wear range
Our junior by she wear range is in European sizing from size 25 (approx age 2-3) to size 35. Please click here for juniorbyshewearsizeguide for instructions on how to measure for your child’s size and an approx conversion to AU sizes.
workwear sizing information
As we stock several workwear brands, sizing information, guidelines and our suggestions can be found on the individual products. We only stock women’s fit workwear .. we don’t believe in unisex or men’s fit for women! The only exception to this rule are hi vis vests. If you require any assistance with workwear sizing, please contact us.
We don’t hold stock of all items listed on our website. It does state if an item is a “special order item” and we can very easily process a phone/email order (turn around is approx 1-2 weeks). If we don’t have your size available on our website on our standard products, please contact us to place an order.