One thing we’ve learnt since the she wear story began, and that is … fitting feet is not an exact science! We are all different shapes & sizes and that includes our feet!! Narrow feet, thicker ankles, high arches, wide toes .. all things affecting the fit of footwear! Our comprehensive sizing information is based on over 5 years of data & feedback from our customers however please note, we cannot guarantee sizing and for that reason, we are more than happy to offer returns if your ordered size is not right for you (on full priced products only).
• purchase with confidence : we only receive 4% returns (on average) •
Due to our sizing being as “spot on” as possible and our comprehensive sizing information, we only receive on average 4% returns (industry average is 25-30%), so please take the time to read through .. it really will help! Each individual product has further sizing information explained.
You may be different sizes between our different styles, so if you have purchased she wear footwear before but are looking at a different style, please carefully read through the sizing description on each range. We’ve also given you some style suggestions based on your foot type!
which style to choose?
If you are a woman on your feet and constantly on the move, you need comfortable, quality shoes .. and that’s our specialty! Our footwear is worn for a variety of reasons by our customers .. working, walking, hiking, travelling, camping and just because! Here are some of the more common questions we are asked as to which style to choose :
• I NEED SAFETY FOOTWEAR AND I’M ON MY FEET FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. We suggest :
• I NEED STEEL CAPS. We suggest :
First of all, we’d suggest to check your exact site/company requirements as quite often any certified safety toe cap is suitable (all our safety caps are fully certified). However if you do require a steel cap, check out she does, she inspires, she can and she will).
• I NEED METAL FREE SAFETY FOOTWEAR. We suggest :
• I DON’T REQUIRE A SAFETY CAP, BUT I NEED QUALITY, COMFORTABLE FOOTWEAR FOR WORK. We suggest :
Our brand new “she cares” and “she nurtures” sneakers are perfect for women spending long days on their feet. Designed for all day comfort, with the added bonus of a slip resistant, shock absorbing PU sole. Perfect for nursing/health services, retail staff, hospitality workers, educators, hairdressers … These sneakers are certified to the “occupational footwear” standard. Full details can be located on the product pages.
Our “she works” and “she leads” boots have no safety toe protection and are also certified as “occupational footwear” for work.
A large number of our customers don’t need safety however still wear our work boots due to their comfort and support. Our number 1 selling range, she achieves, is extremely light and perfect for both on and off duty!
• I HAVE WIDE FEET, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND? We suggest :
Our widest fitting safety boot is the she does range due to the design of the upper. We do, however, have customers with wide feet who comfortably wear she achieves, she strives and she inspires. We would recommend to avoid the WRU she can range as this is a more narrow fit.
Our work sneakers “she cares” and “she nurtures” suit a wider foot.
Ensure to read the size guide on each individual style.
• I HAVE NARROW FEET, WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND? We suggest :
• I WALK AND HIKE (AKA TRAMP). ANY STYLES SUITABLE FOR ME? We suggest :
• I HAVE UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS AND DON’T WANT COLOURED FOOTWEAR. We suggest :
sizing & fitting notes
non safety toe ~ work & leisure sneaker (“she nurtures” and “she cares”)
- The perfect sneaker for women on their feet. We have designed these super comfy kicks for nurses, health services, hospitality workers, retail staff, educators, hairdressers .. and for all you busy women on your feet all day!
- These PU/PU sole ranges are based on a standard sized woman’s fitting and are true to size and suit most foot shapes.
- Choose your everyday shoe size (if your usual shoe size eg. is a AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size sneaker). If you are a half size or between 2 sizes, we recommend to choose the size smaller.
- These styles have been manufactured with a wider toe box which is perfect for when you are on your feet all day and suffer from swollen feet
safety ~ zip lace up (“she achieves”) and hiker style lace up (“she does”)
- Our PU/rubber sole ranges are based on a standard sized woman’s fitting and these 2 styles are true to size
- she achieves : choose your everyday shoe size (if your usual shoe size eg. is a AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size boot). If you are a half size or between 2 sizes, we recommend to choose the size larger
- she does : choose your everyday shoe size (if your usual shoe size eg. is a AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size boot). If you are a half size or between 2 sizes, we recommend to choose the size smaller. Due to the upper design, this is our widest fitting so perfect for women with wide feet!
- These styles suit all foot types (inc narrow and wider feet) however due to the design of the “she does” upper, we find ladies with wider feet love this style.
- These 2 styles have been specifically designed for women on their feet all day so perfect for a range of roles and activities, and are extremely lightweight (some of the lightest on the market).
safety ~ pull on boot (“she strives” & “she inspires”) and sneaker (“she moves”)
- Our PU/TPU sole ranges are based on a standard sized woman’s fitting but please note, these 3 styles are slightly smaller fittings than the above as they have been designed to wear with thinner socks
- If your usual shoe size for example is a AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size. If you are a half size or have a wide foot, we recommend to choose the size larger. If you are between sizes (eg. sometimes a AU7/EU38 and sometimes a AU8/EU39), choose the size larger.
- In our experience, very narrow feet and/or ankles are not suited to elastic sided pull on boots.We’d suggest either our lace up or zip lace up boots.
welted rubber sole ~ originals
safety ~ original lace up (“she can” ~ original)
- Our original “she can” range of safety work boots are a larger than average fitting and are designed to wear with thick socks.They are approx a 1/2 size bigger fitting than a standard woman’s shoe size and our largest fit.
- If your usual shoe size is for example AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size boot. If you are a half size, we recommend to choose the size smaller. If you are on the cusp of 2 sizes, take the smaller size.
- This style is the largest fitting in our she wear footwear range .. all other styles are truer to a standard every day shoe size. (No refunds and no exchanges on “she can” sale.)
- If you have purchased the original she cans previously and are now looking to purchase the updated water resistant style, please disregard the sizing on this original style as it is larger.
welted rubber sole ~ updated/WRU
safety ~ updated wru lace up (“she can” ~ water resistant upper)
fashion/work ~ non safety toe lace up (“she works”)
- Our updated “she can” (water resistant upper) and “she works” (water resistant upper) boots are a standard woman’s shoe size however are our smallest fit so we generally recommend to go up a size particularly if you wear thick socks.
- If your usual shoe size is for example AU7/EU38 then generally you will require the same size boot (if you are a half size or wear thick socks, go up a size)
- If you are in between sizes, go up to your larger size
- Not recommended for wider feet
- Please note our new updated design is a smaller fitting than our original “she can” range (no refunds and no exchanges on the “she can” sale)
welted rubber sole (pull ons)
safety ~ pull on (“she will”)
fashion/work ~ non safety toe pull on ( “she leads”)
- This range is based on a standard sized woman’s fitting and are designed to wear with thinner socks (like our sports compression socks)
- If your usual shoe size for example is a AU7/EU38, then generally you will require the same size boot. If you are a half size, we recommend to choose the size larger
- Pull on boots can be more difficult to fit than lace ups, as there is no way to manipulate the fit. In our experience, very narrow feet and/or ankles are not suited to elastic sided pull on boots (we’d suggest either our lace up boots or our zip lace up “she achieves” boot if you prefer an easy on/off option). (No refunds and no exchanges on the “she will” sale)
fashion ~”she reigns”
All our gum boot styles have slightly different fits. Comprehensive sizing information is included on each individual product page. We suggest to measure your foot as per the instructions rather than referring to your usual shoe size.
Go up 1 size in the mid calf range (narrow across the top of the foot however suits all calf widths)
- The black croc high is not suited to “more defined” calves
As we stock several workwear brands, sizing information, guidelines and our suggestions can be found on the individual products. We only stock women’s fit workwear .. we don’t believe in unisex or men’s fit for women! The only exception to this rule are hi vis vests. If you require any assistance with workwear sizing, please contact us.
We don’t hold stock of all items listed on our website. It does state if an item is a “special order item” and we can very easily process a phone/email order (turn around is approx 1-2 weeks). If we don’t have your size available on our website on our standard products, please contact us to place an order.