frequently asked questions
shipping to customers outside of australia
If you reside in New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, most European countries, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, Macau, South Africa, Zambia or Zimbabwe you can purchase automatically via our online ordering system. You are exempt from paying Australian GST (Goods and Services Tax) so 10% will automatically be deducted from your order. If you are requiring bulk items, please contact us as we may be able to reduce the freight cost. We do ship globally, so if you live outside of these areas, please contact us to obtain a quote.
Terms for international purchasers ~ you are responsible for any import customs duties/taxes that may be payable and it is your duty of care to check your country’s guidelines. All of our women’s safety footwear is tested to the Australian/NZ standard, some styles to the American (ASTM) standard, some styles to the European (EN) standard and you are purchasing with the knowledge they may not have been tested to your country’s requirements (check individual styles for information). No responsibility lies with she wear beyond Australia and NZ. You are purchasing accepting these terms. Please ensure you have read the warranty/returns section for our returns policy.
Comprehensive sizing information and suggestions are provided on each product with a size guide chart and we do ask you to read our size guides very carefully as there are slight variations between styles. Please also refer to our sizing and fitting guide for further information.
We have based our size guides on over 5 years of customer feedback and data and we’ve worked super hard to make our sizings as “spot on” as possible and because of this we only receive on average 4% of returns! All full priced items can be returned for exchange or refund (link below for returns page) however products on sale have a strict policy, so please ensure to read carefully prior to purchase.
returns & warranty
For information on our returns policy and our footwear manufacturing warranties, please refer to our returns page.
technical information/specifications about our she wear footwear
For detailed and technical information on our footwear range (such as sole specifications, composite vs steel cap guidelines, etc), please refer to our footwear page. Each product does state the specifications relevant to that style.
Please note, images on our website are indicative of products only and features/colours are subject to slight variation.
are men’s and women’s feet actually different?
They sure are! Men’s and women’s feet are anatomically very different. Have a read of one of our blogs to explain the differences.
which style to choose?
If you are a woman on your feet and moving, you need comfortable, quality shoes .. and that’s our specialty! Our footwear is worn for a variety of reasons by our customers .. working, walking, hiking, travelling, camping, just because! If you are on your feet or walking distances, we suggest to choose our PU/rubber and TPU/rubber soled boots, as they are lighter in weight and more flexible through the sole.
Our “she achieves” zip lace up (which is our top seller) is 1 of the lightest safety boots on the market so suitable for any type of role or activity. We have manufactured this style with an anti leg and foot fatigue material inbuilt into the sole to ensure complete underfoot comfort.
Our “she does” hiker, “she moves” sneaker, “she inspires” pull on and “she strives” pull on are also suitable for women in all types of roles/activities and are also extremely comfortable and lightweight. Due to the upper design of our “she does” range, we find customers with very wide feet prefer this style (most styles are suitable for narrow feet all the way through to wide feet).
Our “she can” and “she will” rubber welted sole boots are also very comfortable and very popular but are more of a basic work boot. If you are on your feet all day, we would suggest to wear the styles as mentioned above.
But don’t just take our word for it. Just some of our customer’s feedback …
• I LOVE my she will boots for the farm. Super comfy and pull on style is super quick and easy!! 😍 Love them!!
• Them new boot feels. She wear the most comfortable steel caps I’ve worn in 18 years #womeninconstruction.
• Greatest boots, best socks. Perfect.
• My boots after a year of hard work 6 days a week. They are fantastic, so comfortable great on my back. They are not heavy like men’s steel caps, I can’t recommend them enough. The best women’s work boot ever.
• My she achieves are awesome! Got mine for abseiling, very comfy and supportive. Traipsing around up north in Karijini with them so they double as hikers. Can work & play in them 🙂
• Best boots ever!! Wear them 8 hrs a day and never get a sore back! #bootsfromheaven
• I bought the safety sneakers they are the most comfortable shoes for walking in. I Love them !!! It’s hard to take them off and they look fantastic on love the gum boots too great value for money will be buying more for sure.
• Absolutely loving my new she strives… so comfy and looking cool too. 😊
All of our footwear styles have removable inner soles and are suitable for orthotics.
cleaning/caring for your boots
Our safety and fashion leather ranges
We only use top quality leather in our footwear. The majority of our women’s styles are manufactured with superior quality nubuck leather. (nb : There is not much visible difference between suede and nubuck leather. Suede has been sanded on the inner layer of the hide, whereas nubuck is sanded on the outer or exterior skin of the hide. Hence nubuck leather footwear tends to be more durable and tougher than suede footwear.) Each product will state the type of leather we use.
- Clean boots on a regular basis (recommendations below)
- Remove dirt, grass and mud from soles on a regular basis
- Do not use solvents or products not suitable to the particular leather
- Store away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry place
- As a natural and permeable material, leather is not waterproof and is affected by regular exposure to water
- Water and sun can affect the colour of any dyed leather product. Even though the majority of our styles are manufactured with a water resistant leather upper, we suggest to regularly use a waterproofing spray as this prolongs the life of your boots and helps to protect the colour.
- Do not force dry. Drying by an artificial source or open fire will affect leather to crack and shrink. It will also affect the way the leather is attached to the sole.
- Strong acids and chemicals will do serious damage. Common substances such as milk and salt are also highly damaging. Ensure to remove all contaminants from the leather before applying a waterproofer or cleaner
- Wear your boots regularly .. even if for short periods of time! Once you have worn your footwear, prolonged periods of storage are not recommended for any rubber soled footwear as soles can either perish and/or glue can disintegrate
- Do not remove boots by “kicking off” with the other boot .. this is a big no no with ANY shoe type! “Kicking off” boots causes damage to the heel counter, stitching, leather and sole .. and that heel area of your boots will deteriorate very quickly. This nullifies the warranty.
Cleaning nubuck leather footwear (the majority of our ranges) :
- Use a dry nubuck cloth to remove any surface dirt
- Remove any scuffs with a nubuck/suede leather eraser (use gentle, circular motions)
- Use a nubuck/suede brush to manipulate the leather nap (use gently)
- Remove any excess moisture with a dry cloth and leave to air dry (do not force dry)
- On a regular basis, apply a nubuck waterproofing spray and/or stain repellent to help prolong the life of your shoes
- We stock a waterproofing kit and cleaning items .. please click here
Cleaning full grain leather footwear (“she achieves” zip lace up – black only) :
- Remove any dirt on your boots with a soft bristled brush or damp cloth
- Apply leather polish, spray or cream to the leather (ensure the product is suitable for full grain leather)
- If using a polish, apply a small amount of leather cleaner to a polishing cloth or brush (rub gently in circular motions)
- Waterproof on a regular basis
- We stock a waterproofing kit and cleaning items .. please click here
Cleaning action leather footwear (“she strives” leopard print only) :
- Action leather is suede leather covered with a thin film of polyurethane to protect the print
- Remove any dirt with a damp cloth or soft brush
- Wipe down on a regular basis with a damp cloth
- Do not use solvents or chemicals as this will affect the polyurethane coating
Cleaning crazy horse leather footwear (“she inspires” pull on – rich vintage brown only) :
- This leather really does require minimal upkeep! Crazy horse leather is a very durable, water resistant leather and scratches and imperfections are characteristics and features of this leather (rather than imperfections or flaws).
- Remove any dirt on your boots with a damp cloth
- Optional : apply a natural leather cream or wax (NB this may darken the colour of the leather)
- Avoid chemicals or sprays
Our rubber gum boot ranges
We only use good quality rubber for our upper and soles in our “she reigns” gum boot ranges.
- Clean boots on a regular basis
- Rinse boots after use using a mild detergent. Do not use solvents or products not suited to be used on rubber (you can purchase a silicon rubber conditioner to keep your rubber boots in tip top condition!)
- Chemicals, pesticides etc will cause rubber to perish, so ensure to clean off immediately.
- Remove dirt, grass and mud on a regular basis
- Store away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry place. Sun light causes rubber to breakdown and discolour
- Do not force dry. drying by an artificial source or open fire will affect rubber to crack and shrink
- Do not leave outside for prolonged periods of time
- Do not remove boots by “kicking off” with the other boot .. this may cause the heel/rubber to split
- Occasionally, you may notice a white powdery “bloom” on your gum boots. This is because rubber is a natural product and in certain conditions, insoluble particles may rise to the surface. This is a common process, characteristic of high quality, natural rubber and nothing to be concerned about. It will not affect the performance or durability of your boots. You can purchase a Commercial boot buffers or shining products which are specially designed to remove the blooming marks. However, for a homemade alternative, try wiping your boots clean, and then applying a drop or two of olive oil to a dry cloth. Wipe this into your boot surface with a circular motion, and the white marks should disappear.
- We stock a gum boot cleaner .. please click here
Our safety footwear range is independently tested to comply with the Australian/New Zealand standard, AS/NZ 2210.3:2009, Class 1, specification S2 and our leather work boot range (non safety toe) complies with AS/NZ 2210.5:2009. Our footwear range is fully certified and audited by BSI group, a leading third party certification company. Some of our styles are also tested to the American (ASTM) and European (EN) standards (information specified on individual products). Please refer to our our footwear page for full specifications on our footwear.
If you are not purchasing our footwear within Australia or NZ, please refer to your local authority for information/specifications/requirements. The Australian/NZ standard is based on the European standard. This standard is very highly regarded internationally and is one of the toughest standards worldwide.
We accept PayPal, credit card (via our secure merchant eWay), Afterpay (Australia only, minimum $100) or direct deposit orders on our website. Please note, goods are dispatched when funds are cleared.
After listening to many customers complain about the lack of workwear for women and how difficult it is to find, we now retail a full range of workwear and PPE for women. Whether you require hi vis shirts, work pants, vests glasses or gloves, we can help you out! If we do not have your size in stock or you require a particular item (eg. specific rated clothing like FR), please contact us as we can process special orders and source other workwear and PPE not listed. Workwear and PPE is available online and at our she wear HQ women’s showroom (open by appointment) in Northgate, Brisbane.
Please note, we don’t hold stock of all items listed on our website (our inventory/stock levels are live on our website). It does state if an item is a “special order item” and we can very easily process a phone/email order (turn around is approx 1-2 weeks).