We offer free express shipping Australia wide with any purchase of women’s footwear on our site. We also ship globally. For full shipping terms, time frames, etc please refer to our shipping page.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION/SPECIFICATIONS ABOUT OUR SHE WEAR FOOTWEAR
For detailed and technical information on our footwear range (such as sole specifications, composite vs steel cap guidelines, etc), please refer to our footwear page.
Please note, images on our website are indicative of products only and features/colours are subject to slight variation.
SHE WEAR FOOTWEAR SIZING
Please refer to our sizing and fitting guide for sizing information. Sizing information is also given on each product.
OUR INNER SOLES
All of our footwear styles have removable inner soles and are suitable for orthotics.
Our custom made sole~mate© inner sole helps makes our footwear super comfortable! Made from polyurethane (PU), gel, foam and mesh, our inner soles are anti bacterial with perforations to promote air flow and ventilation around the foot. Our inners have good arch support with gel inserts to assist with shock absorption and foot fatigue. Our inner soles are also anti static. (This inner sole comes standard in our she achieves, she does, she strives and she moves ranges – ie. all of our PU/rubber and PU/TPU sole ranges.) Inner soles are also available to purchase separately.
In addition to the sole~mate© inner sole, our she achieves zip lace up range comes standard with Poron™ and EVA pockets inserted into the mid sole (under the ball of foot and heel) for additional comfort and to alleviate foot and leg fatigue. This is why the she achieves is THE choice for women walking and standing all day.
RETURNS & WARRANTY
For information on our returns policy and our footwear warranties, please refer to our returns page.
After listening to many customers complain about the lack of workwear for women and how difficult it is to find, we now retail a full range of workwear and PPE for women. So whether you require hi vis shirts, work pants, vests glasses or gloves, we can help you out! If we do not have your size in stock or you require a particular item (eg. specific rated clothing like fr), please contact us as we can process special orders and source other workwear and PPE not listed. Workwear and PPE is available online and at our she wear HQ women’s retail store in Northgate, Brisbane.
Please note, we don’t hold stock of all items listed on our website (our inventory/stock levels are live on our website). It does state if an item is a “special order item” and we can very easily process a phone/email order (turn around is approx 1-2 weeks).
CLEANING/CARING FOR YOUR BOOTS
Our safety and fashion leather ranges
We only use top quality leather in our footwear. The majority of our women’s styles are manufactured with nubuck leather. (nb : There is not much visible difference between suede and nubuck leather. Suede has been sanded on the inner layer of the hide, whereas nubuck is sanded on the outer or exterior skin of the hide. Hence nubuck leather footwear tends to be more durable and tougher than suede footwear.) Each product will state the type of leather we use.
- Clean boots on a regular basis (recommendations below)
- Remove dirt, grass and mud from soles on a regular basis
- Do not use solvents or products not suitable to the particular leather
- Store away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry place
- Do not force dry. Drying by an artificial source or open fire will affect leather to crack and shrink. It will also affect the way the leather is attached to the sole.
- Strong acids and chemicals will do serious damage. Common substances such as milk and salt are also highly damaging. Ensure to remove all contaminants from the leather before applying a waterproofer or cleaner
- Wear your boots regularly .. even if for short periods of time! Once you have worn your footwear, prolonged periods of storage are not recommended for any rubber soled footwear as soles can either perish and/or glue can disintegrate
- Do not remove boots by “kicking off” with the other boot .. this is a big no no with ANY shoe type! “Kicking off” boots causes damage to the heel counter, stitching, leather and sole .. and that heel area of your boots will deteriorate very quickly. This nullifies the warranty.
Cleaning nubuck leather footwear (the majority of our ranges) :
- Use a dry nubuck cloth to remove any surface dirt
- Remove any scuffs with a nubuck/suede leather eraser (use gentle, circular motions)
- Use a nubuck/suede brush to manipulate the leather nap (use gently)
- Remove any excess moisture with a dry cloth and leave to air dry (do not force dry)
- On a regular basis, apply a nubuck waterproofing spray and/or stain repellent to help prolong the life of your shoes
- We stock a waterproofing kit and cleaning items .. please click here
Cleaning full grain leather footwear (“she achieves” zip lace up – black only) :
- Remove any dirt on your boots with a soft bristled brush or damp cloth
- Apply leather polish, spray or cream to the leather (ensure the product is suitable for full grain leather)
- If using a polish, apply a small amount of leather cleaner to a polishing cloth or brush (rub gently in circular motions)
- Waterproof on a regular basis
- We stock a waterproofing kit and cleaning items .. please click here
Our rubber gum boot ranges
We only use good quality rubber for our upper and soles in our “she reigns” gum boot ranges.
- Clean boots on a regular basis
- Rinse boots after use using a mild detergent. Do not use solvents or products not suited to be used on rubber (you can purchase a silicon rubber conditioner to keep your rubber boots in tip top condition!)
- Chemicals, pesticides etc will cause rubber to perish, so ensure to clean off immediately.
- Remove dirt, grass and mud on a regular basis
- Store away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry place. Sun light causes rubber to breakdown and discolour
- Do not force dry. drying by an artificial source or open fire will affect rubber to crack and shrink
- Do not leave outside for prolonged periods of time
- Do not remove boots by “kicking off” with the other boot .. this may cause the heel/rubber to split
- Occasionally, you may notice a white powdery “bloom” on your gum boots. This is because rubber is a natural product and in certain conditions, insoluble particles may rise to the surface. This is a common process, characteristic of high quality, natural rubber and nothing to be concerned about. It will not affect the performance or durability of your boots. You can purchase a Commercial boot buffers or shining products which are specially designed to remove the blooming marks. However, for a homemade alternative, try wiping your boots clean, and then applying a drop or two of olive oil to a dry cloth. Wipe this into your boot surface with a circular motion, and the white marks should disappear.
- We stock a gum boot cleaner .. please click here
SHIPPING TO CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE OF AUSTRALIA
If you reside in New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, Qatar, Kuwait, Singapore, Macau, South Africa, Zambia or Zimbabwe you can purchase automatically via our online ordering system. You are exempt from paying Australian GST (Goods and Services Tax) so 10% will automatically be deducted from your order. If you are requiring bulk items, please contact us as we may be able to reduce the freight cost. We do ship globally, so if you live outside of Australia, please contact us to obtain a quote.
Terms for international purchasers ~ you are responsible for any import customs/duties that may be payable. All of our women’s safety footwear is tested to the australian/nz standard, some styles to the American (ASTM) standard, some styles to the European (EN) standard and you are purchasing with the knowledge they may not have been tested to your country’s requirements (check individual styles for information). No responsibility lies with she wear beyond Australia and NZ. You are purchasing accepting these terms. Please ensure you have read the warranty/returns section for our returns policy.
Our safety footwear range is independently tested to comply with the Australian/New Zealand standard, AS/NZ 2210.3:2009, class 1, specification S2 and our leather work boot range (non safety toe) complies with AS/NZ2210.5:2009. Our footwear range is also certified and audited by BSI group, a leading third party certification company. Some of our styles are also tested to the American (ASTM) and European (EN) standards (information specified on individual products). Please refer to our our footwear page for full specifications on our footwear.
If you are not purchasing our footwear within Australia or NZ, please refer to your local authority for information/specifications/requirements. The Australian/NZ standard is based on the European standard. This standard is very highly regarded internationally and is one of the toughest standards worldwide.
We accept PayPal, eWAY, zipPay or direct deposit orders on our website. Please note, goods are dispatched when funds are cleared.