frequently asked questions
Product fit & sizing
Our sizing is based on the same size as your everyday shoe. The size guides are based on over 6 years of customer feedback and data, and we’ve worked hard to ensure our sizings are as “spot on” as possible. Because of this, we only receive on average a very low 4% of returns (industry average is 25-30%!). Like any brand, we cannot guarantee our sizings (fitting feet and bodies can be like a science!), so all full priced items can be returned for exchange or refund.
Comprehensive sizing information and suggestions are provided on each product with a size guide chart. We do ask you to read our size guides carefully to see which style would suit your foot type best.
Please also refer to our sizing and fitting guide for further information.
If you are a woman on your feet and moving, you need comfortable, quality shoes .. and that’s our specialty!
Click here to see some commonly asked questions.
The soles of our footwear are manufactured with shock absorbing and supportive PU (polyurethane), TPU (thermoplastic urethane) or rubber. Our soles will not flatten or compress over time, which enables a supportive shoe designed for durability and all day comfort. Our soles truly are designed specifically as "fit for purpose" work footwear.
We have designed our she wear internal footbeds specifically to suit the shape and contour of a woman's foot. Our footbeds are made with polyurethane (PU), gel, foam and mesh, and are anti bacterial with perforations to promote air flow and ventilation around the foot.
Our internal footbeds offer :
• good arch support,
• a cradled heel for stability, support and balance,
• gel inserts under the foot (under the ball of the foot and heel) to assist with shock absorption and foot fatigue,
• perforations to promote air flow and ventilation
• anti static (safety range only)
In addition to our custom footbed, the she achieves safety zip lace up range comes standard with Poron™ and EVA discs inserted into the mid sole (under the ball of foot and heel) for additional comfort and to alleviate foot and leg fatigue.This is why the she achieves is THE choice for women walking and standing all day.
Footbeds are available to purchase separately.
(Welted sole ranges and gum boots have different footbeds.)
We sure can!
If you require safety footwear, our she does range has specifically been designed for a wide foot.
For work sneakers, check our either the she nurtures or the she cares ranges.
We so feel for you! Due to the support and technology of our footbeds and soles, our footwear gives you support in all the right places! Our she wear footwear may assist with minimising the pain and discomfort of such foot conditions. Our footbeds are removable, so all our she wear footwear is orthotic friendly.
If you require safety footwear, we suggest our she achieves zip lace up or she does hiker cut styles.
If you require a work shoe, look for the she cares or she nurtures sneakers.
Some customer feedback :
• “I have had plantar fasciitis for a good 6 months. I love the arches in my work boots so when I’m wearing them I have no pain. I work 12 hr days.” ~ Kerry
• “I suffer from plantar fasciitis and swollen feet and lower legs. I wear she wear boots every day to work as I stand up all day. My feet/legs don’t ache after a long day at work on my feet. I have tried all types of shoes over the years but nothing has helped until I found shewear.” ~ Kirsten
• “I have 4+5 bulging disc and sciatica in my right leg. My boots help me so much. Wearing my boots has helped a lot to the point I almost have it under control without meds. Your boots are amazing.” ~ Diana
• “My she cares sneakers are so comfortable. I can even wear them with the hard ankle brace I need to wear until I have surgery. I have 2 issues with my foot in that I have broken my 5th metatarsal bone and ligament damage in my ankle. These are the only shoes I’ve been able to have on with the brace and to be able to wear a pair of shoes comfortably is awesome.” ~ Karen
They sure are! Men’s and women’s feet are anatomically very different, so give “unisex” the boot! Have a read here why it's imperative to wear footwear specifically designed to suit the shape and contours of a woman's foot.
We offer free Australian express delivery with any purchase of women’s footwear on our site (or $12.95 flat fee for non footwear/junior purchases). We utilise the services of Startrack premium, which is an overnight service for most areas within Australia.
Once your ordered is dispatched, within 1-4 hours, you will receive an email with tracking information so you can keep an eye on your order at all times. If you don't find this email in your inbox, check Spam.
For full shipping terms, time frames, dispatch days etc please refer to our shipping page.
We ship globally! Most countries are set up for automatic purchase via our online ordering system. As you are exempt from paying Australian GST (Goods & Services Tax), 10% will be deducted from the price at check out (once you input your address details).
We utilise Australia Post international express delivery. Timeframes are dependent on your location, however orders will arrive in most countries within 3-8 business days. Once your ordered is dispatched, you will receive an email with tracking information so you can keep an eye on your order at all times. If you don't find this email in your inbox, check Spam. Please note, there are delays currently due to Covid.
Currency converter on our website is an approx conversion to other currencies (it is not guaranteed). You will still check out in AUD and your merchant will determine the exact currency conversion.
Freight will automatically calculate according to your address. If you are requiring bulk items, please contact us as we may be able to reduce the freight cost.
We do ship globally, so if you live outside of the automated areas, please contact us to obtain a quote.
Terms for international purchasers ~
• You are responsible for any import customs duties/taxes that may be payable.
• It is your duty of care to check your country’s import guidelines.
• If you receive notification from your local delivery supplier that duty is payable, you must contact them within 14 days to arrange payment. If your item is returned to us due to non payment of the duty, the original shipping fee will not be refunded.
All of our women’s safety footwear is tested to the Australian/NZ standard, some styles to American (ASTM) and European (EN) standards and you are purchasing with the knowledge they may not have been tested to your country’s requirements (check individual styles for information). No responsibility lies with she wear beyond Australia and NZ. You are purchasing accepting these terms.
Please ensure you have read the warranty/returns section for our returns policy.
We don't send paper invoices with your order (trying to do our bit for the environment!). When you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation and a tax invoice. If you don't receive in your inbox, best to check your spam folder.
If you registered as a user at checkout, you can also jump into "my account" for your order details.
Cleaning & caring for footwear
Most of our customers tell us their she wears are comfy “from the get go” and don’t need wearing in, however as with any new shoes, it is possible you will need to take some time to get used to your new shoes. Here are our top tips :
- When you first try on your she wears, ensure they are the correct size. You should have some “wiggle” room around the toe area (your feet swell during the day) however they should feel firm and supportive with minimal slippage in the heel area (slippage can cause blisters and breaks down the lining in the heel counter). If you are unsure about the sizing, please contact us for advice before you wear your shoes as you may need a different size or style.
- Wear your new shoes around the house for a short period of time multiple times before you begin to wear all day. This is so important for any shoe regardless of brand!
- Ensure your laces are done up tightly, as heel slippage causes friction against the heel counter, which in turn causes heel damage.
- To alleviate blisters or if you feel you are getting one, purchase gel bandaids (rather than normal bandaids) and place one on your foot in the area you feel the rubbing. You can even pop one on the shoe in that specific area.
- Always wear good quality socks with your footwear. After thorough research, we decided on bamboo for our sock ranges as bamboo is brilliant in both hot and cold climates. Good quality socks can make all the difference with footwear and all day comfort. Click here to see our sock range. Different sock thicknesses change the feel of your shoes, so experiment with what feels best.
- Changing the way you lace your shoes can change the way they feel! Check out this site for 62 ways of lacing footwear. If your shoes are the correct size but you are getting heel slippage, check out the “lock lacing” method.
We offer 30 day returns on all full priced items when you purchase from our website. Your item must be returned unworn and in a re-saleable condition. For full returns policy, please click here.
Click here to contact us and one of our customer service team members will advise the full process (please ensure to include your order details in the email).
About she wear footwear
Firstly, we are Australia's only female-founded and female-led safety and work footwear company. We design our footwear "from scratch" for women, unlike other companies who use their men's designs and "pink it up".
We launched in 2013 due to the inability of our Founder to purchase a pair of safety work boots, specifically designed for women. Click here to read about how and why we launched and how we've grown our company to now incorporate safety, work and fashion footwear plus workwear and other work accessories.
For detailed and technical information on our footwear range (such as sole specifications, composite vs steel cap guidelines, etc), please refer to our footwear page. Each product also does state the specifications relevant to that style.
Please note, images on our website are indicative of products only and features/colours are subject to slight variation
Our safety footwear range is tested and certified to comply with Australian/New Zealand standard, AS/NZ 2210.3:2009. Some of our safety styles are also tested to the American (ASTM) and European (EN) standards (information specified on individual products).
Our work footwear ranges comply with the occupational footwear standard, AS 2210.5:2019.
She wear footwear is fully certified and audited by BSI group, a leading third party certification company. Please refer to our footwear page for full specifications on our footwear.
If you are not purchasing our footwear within Australia or NZ, please refer to your local authority for information/specifications/requirements. The Australian/NZ standard is based on the European standard. This standard is very highly regarded internationally and is one of the toughest standards worldwide.
We design our footwear "from the ground up" specifically to fit women correctly and comfortably.
Our footwear is designed by our Founder, Stacey, at our she wear HQ in Brisbane, and we manufacture in our dedicated factories offshore. Our Founder/Footwear Designer and independent Australian certifiers regularly visit the factories to ensure standards compliance and to ensure staff are working in ethical conditions and treated with respect.
Our factory staff are paid above the local average wage, work in very good working conditions, are well trained and have good career advancement opportunities.
There is considerable confusion in the industry and many presume steel caps are required when it comes to safety footwear. However, this is not necessarily correct. We do urge you to check your company’s requirements as more often than not, composite safety caps are suitable.
Choosing the safety toe that best suits you is really dependent on your role so we suggest to research what will suit you best and check your company’s OHS requirements, particularly if you work in construction or mining.
Steel and composite safety caps are tested and certified to the same compliance standards and there are 2 formal tests that both safety caps must perform to .. impact testing to 200 joules and compression testing 15Kn pressure at a set speed.
Advantages of composite toe cap ~
• Tested and certified to AS/NZ , EN and ASTM standards (impact and compression resistant)
• Lightweight ~ significantly lighter than steel cap
• Metal free
• Airport friendly
• Electrically non conductive (more suited for electrical use)
• Extreme temperature resistant ~ insulative against heat and cold (perfect for freezer work or in cold climates)
Advantages of steel toe cap ~
• Tested and certified to AS/NZ, EN and ASTM standards (impact and compression resistant)
• Better puncture resistance (eg. nail gun)
• Better cut resistance (eg. power saw)
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE ~
Composite cap styles ~ she achieves zip lace up / she strives pull on / she moves sneaker
Steel cap styles ~ she does hiker style lace up / she inspires pull on / she can lace up
Non safety cap styles ~ she nurtures work sneaker / she cares work sneaker / she works lace up boot / she leads pull on boot / she reigns fashion gum boots / junior by she wear kids boots