OUR HQ PRACTICES
At our she wear HQ and warehouse, we try to do our bit for the environment!
- We do not include paper invoices with orders, but instead we email you all your information or you can check your customer account.
- We don’t provide swing tags on any she wear manufactured products (only labelling as per Australian government requirements).
- Our boot boxes are our shipping boxes and can be re-used! We have designed our boot boxes to be a thicker quality cardboard and therefore, satchels or additional wrapping are not required. We have recently switched to recycled rope handles and plastic handles, will be phased out.
- For items in other style boxes or workwear, we predominantly use 100% recycled satchels. These satchels can be re-used for returns to save further packaging.
- We re-use boxes, wrap and plastic we receive from other suppliers, so if you receive 2nd hand looking packing materials .. that’s why!
- We have recently switched to a paperless dispatch system to save printing paper.
- We are always on the look out for ways to improve our environmental impact at she wear HQ.
Our leather is sourced from tanneries who have received gold rating status from the Leather Working Group (LWG). The objective of this multi-stakeholder group is to develop and maintain a protocol that assesses the environmental compliance and performance capabilities of leather manufacturers and promotes sustainable and appropriate environmental business practices within the leather industry. The group seeks to improve the leather manufacturing industry by creating alignment on environmental priorities, bringing visibility to best practices and providing suggested guidelines for continual improvement.
When a tannery is audited according to the Leather Working Group (LWG) protocol, they check the tannery’s management of chemical, energy and water use, waste and effluent treatment, as well as air and noise emissions. This is a thorough check of the environmental impact of the tanning process.
We only use gold-rated tanneries that have the highest rating by LWG. This means they have scored higher than 85 in the LWG audit on a scale from 0 to 100. For us this is a guarantee that the tannery has a comprehensive management system to reduce their environmental impact. Or to put it in a simple way, it means that the tanneries we work with are using less energy, less water, less and better chemicals, as well as taking care of waste and effluent in a responsible way.